Sine Labe Decus
At Devonport High School for Girls our mission is to offer a challenging and enriching educational experience, which enables our students to develop their curiosity, confidence and aspirations, so that they leave us equipped to enjoy life in a global society.
We encourage our students to:
- have high aspirations
- appreciate that taking risks and making mistakes develops resilience
- become confident independent learners with inquiring minds
- understand that the process of overcoming challenges fuels creativity
- recognise that learning is an active, collaborative and lifelong process
- develop both self-discipline and self-awareness
- respect and value each other’s differences, beliefs, opinions and ideas
- play an active and caring role within the school and local communities
- seek and embrace opportunities
- maintain a healthy lifestyle
- develop into highly motivated global citizens
- be happy in themselves and enjoy an optimistic outlook
The school mission statement and ethos have been developed in consultation with representatives from Governors, Parents/Carers, students, support staff and teachers.